He was born in Sabbioneta, Mantua (Italy) on November 30th 1935. Oriented towards figurative arts by an innate predisposition and by the example of his father, the painter Paride Falchi, recognised Master of ‘900, he began very young to sculpt. In 1954 he moved to Milan, where he attended the evening Brera Academy, while during the day he worked in the studio of his mentor, Remo Brioschi (in turn a student of Armando Violi and Arturo Martini), becoming his only disciple and collaborating in the realization of the Monument to “the Resistance” of Reggio Emilia as a model as well as a sculptor, to various sculptures for the Monumental Cemetery and for the church ‘Dei quattro Evangelisti’ in Milan.
In June 1959 he settled in Germany, as sculptor of the prestigious Rosenthal porcelain factory. Of this era (1965-69) is the realisation of the famous service entitled “The Magic Flute” (one of which was purchased by the Aga Khan and one by the wife of the Persian Scia, Farah Diba). Among the many achievements is to be mentioned the portraits of 11 composers including Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Bach and Verdi. He collaborated with the Danish designer Bijorn Wiinblad and the Viennese painter Ernst Fuchs, major representative of the Vienna School of Fantastic Realism. This relationship has accentuated in Falchi the propensity to venture into interpretative speculations of the human image, which demonstrates a constantly evolving spirit of research.
In 1962 for the Tivoli Theater in Copenhagen he created the statue-portrait of Mr. Karstensen, founder of the Tivoli amusement park, for the centenary of its foundation.
Having acquired a solid international reputation, in 1973 he received the assignment from the US ambassador to create groups of commemorative sculptures for the two hundredth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Falchi performed porcelain groups, including “The Declaration of Independence”, 1974, which is on the table of the US President at the White House and a copy at the Philadelphia Congress Center (USA).
In 1978 he created for the Provincial Tourist Board of Mantua the statue of “Rigoletto” at natural height, positioned in the garden of the House of Rigoletto (Piazza Sordello – Mantova).
For the two thousand anniversary of Virgil’ s birth he realizes the Virgil bust and virgilian bas-reliefs for institutional offices, in addition to the official medal.
In 1987 he modelled for the Province of Mantua, the medal to commemorate the restoration of the bell tower of the Basilica of S. Andrea and of the Mantegna Chapel, one of which was purchased by the British Museum in London and one by the Vatican.
In the ’80s and ’90s he created various monuments, busts and reliefs for public and private institutions.
In 1991 for the 400th anniversary of the death of the Duke of Sabbioneta, Vespasiano Gonzaga, the municipality of Sabbioneta (MN) commissioned him a bust of the Duke and six reliefs illustrating the salient facts of his life, which are placed in the atrium of the Municipal palace of Sabbioneta.
In 1997 he received the “Agrumello” (Cremona) international career award.
Since 2014 he has been involved with drawings, in the creation of paintings, such as the series of oil pastels and watercolors entitled “Accostamenti”, Juxtapositions, which tend to combine classical and figurative art with other more modern and contemporary forms. The research on the human soul and body continues.